Thursday 6 December 2012

Target audience Interview

What are the main genres of films that you are interested in?
Well, honestly I have a passion for action and comedy films I find that its easy to get swept up in the film and start to fill for the characters which is amazing. I do also have a keen interest of fantasy films as the whole superhero and villain roles are classic and the like of productions from marvel and DC lead the fantasy film world for me.

What characters in films do you warm too?
Personally I always feel that characters that I can relate to are the most entertaining and through the use of empathy I can really get into the characters shoes. For example if they are of a similar age or are in school or education I find it really easy to relate to the character and see from there point of view. Such as the British comedy TV series The Inbetweeners which was very popular I feel this was because it related to its target audience of teenagers who would be still in educations like the characters in the program however having a humorous spin on there everyday school life, I feel this is a prime example how relating to your target audience can benefit to the popularity of your production.

What defines a good film too you?
I feel the leading action films are clearly defined by the special effects and stunts that are shown on screen this is because it really gives a thrilling experience that me as a viewer finds hard not to be completely drawn in too  I also feel that a good comedy is one where the characters are not overly cheesy and are believable. For example action films such as Rambo when the protagonist borders on invincible is what far to over he top.

Is it only big productions your interested in?
Of course I am a huge fan of blockbusters and Hollywood productions but the small independent low budget films that have a relate table story or characters in a similar setting to me I find equally engaging. Such films as kidolthood where there are young teenagers are in a  setting such as London which can be related to me as I have been to the locations in the film who have a engaging violent story line is a prime example of how a low budget film can captivate a young audience who has experience or heard of similar experience, the reality of the film to me makes it believable and not unrealistic.

You say you enjoy fantasy films what attributes of the film do you find intriguing?
Well really its more of just the unique and magnificent ways in which normal life can be twisted in films such as Avatar which are people from Earth that voyage to different worlds in the universe, I like that they keep the foundation of life on Earth and then create a sense of huge life out there, I find it engaging and just makes you really think about the journey of the film. The effects and animation in the fantasy films are remarkable, I feel it broadens the imagination and for people who like to be in the edge of there seat fantasy films really keep the viewer on constant edge with the astounding ways and situations that the characters get into in our world or the next.



1 comment:

  1. What is this? Who is the interviewer? Who is the interviewee? How would the moderator possibly understand what he or she were reading? Why don't you make a video of the interview with one of the group playing the role of the typical member of the target audience? That would be clearer and would involve some filming/acting skills. You do need to consider the audience member in terms of a profile (see my blog).

    ReplyDelete